Translate

Sunday 27 May 2012

11 Scenes et Types des Pyrenees

This is the first vintage Pyr postcard on this blog.  I will list the name of the card in the title and any details I can decipher in the blog itself.  This card has been reproduced several times.  None of my cards have the date on but my guess would be about the 1910's.  Many of the early cards from France were from recognized kennels in that country.  Lots of dogs appeared on more than one card.  This particular card had "Galeries Catholiques, Lourdes" on  the front and another (same photo) card had the photographer's mark "Cap".  C.A.P. is an abbreviation for who knows what but the address of the printer is 44, rue Letellier, Paris.  Wonder if this printer still exists.  I have seen several connections to Lourdes in my collection of cards.  Would be interesting to find out why this region was so important to the breed.  Any one know the name of this dog?


My goal is to post a card every few days, so keep checking in to see what is new.  If you have an image you would like to share I can be reached through the comments (will contact you privately).

No comments:

Post a Comment