Translate

Monday 28 May 2012

1016 VISCOS Jeune Chien des Pyrenees (1 mois)

First a story...Ronna and I have been great friends for many, many years.  We met at a dog show..she showed her beautiful Landseer Newfoundland puppy and I, my Great Pyrenees.  When I found out that she lived in the same town and had sheep a connection was instantly made.  Over the years we competed together, handled each others dogs and even entered a team obedience competition.  We had 2 teams - the "Ebony and Ivory" team (Pyr, Newf, Pyr, Newf) and the "Oreo Cookie" team (Newf, Pyr, Pyr, Newf).  Needless to say, the dogs did as expected and scored low in the exercises but we were the crowd favourite!  So, why am I telling you this?  Ronna, bless her heart, travels to Europe frequently and occasionally surprises me with what she finds while browsing through the local markets.  I have her to thank for several of the cards that appear in this blog...this puppy one included.


The caption on the face of the card reads, Les Pyrenees (2e Serie) Phototypie Labouche Freres Toulouse.  The card features a Great Pyrenees puppy at the age of 1 month.  I'm assuming that 'Viscos' is either the puppy's name or kennel name.

No comments:

Post a Comment